Support Your Business to Collaborate Socially In the Workplace
- Are you unsure how your Learning and Development team can work with your business clients to solve workplace problems through collaboration?
- Do you have an enterprise social network and access to other public and enterprise social tools but unsure how to use these to encourage learning and knowledge sharing experiences in your workplace?
- Are you unsure how to support and facilitate your business to extract learning from their work?
- Are you tired of trying to figure out what social tools and platforms to use and want someone to demonstrate and explain them to you in plain language?
The Social Learning for Learning and Development Program is designed for learning and development teams of large and/or medium sized organisations who would like to explore how to design a social learning experience around solving a business problem.
The aim of the program is to highlight strategies and tools that can be used to support and facilitate their internal business clients to extract learning from their workplace through knowledge sharing and social collaboration.
Why Would I Need This?
The nature of work is changing and with it the nature of how we learn. Social Learning is the new buzzword in Learning and Development but questions still remain about its value, impact and effectiveness compared to other more traditional approaches. There are also misconceptions that by simply adding “forced” social interactions into formal education and training programs, people would start to collaborate and share their knowledge. We know that this is not the case.
The new challenge for Learning and Development teams is to help their business extract learning from the daily flow of their work so that there’s no need to create additional courses and resources that take time and money to produce. It’s also about L&D working collaboratively with their own internal business units and stakeholders to clearly define the performance gap, then develop strategies that allow people to support themselves for continuous learning in the workplace. This program enables you to provide tangible and measurable impact and results back to your business.
How does the Social Learning for Learning and Program work?
Delivered via a blend of workshop/or webinars and through your enterprise social networking platform of choice this hands-on and interactive program will see participants work out loud to actively build their chosen social learning experience over a period of 4 weeks.
Participants will have access to curated resources on social learning as well as 2 hours consulting from Activate Learning Solutions through their team build. Once the team builds their experience and presents to the group for feedback, they will implement their solution.
The program ends with a Post Implementation Review at the three month mark where participants are encouraged to share their performance results.
Objectives of the Program:
- Explain the differences between social learning and traditional learning approaches
- Dispel the myths and challenges of social learning
- Define the performance outcomes of the business problem
- Demonstrate the social tools, activities and technology
- Design, develop and implement a social learning experience for the selected business problem
- Demonstrate & measure the value of social learning in terms your business understands
What you will receive:
- 6 hours webinars on social learning (includes 1 hour at 3 month post implementation to review and evaluate team project)
- 2 hours of consulting support during the Team Project Build
- Guided coaching and support throughout first four weeks to build your learning experience
- Access to curated references, resources and tools.
Unsure if this Program is Right For Your Team?
Check out our other page for shorter workshops and webinars.
Want to learn more?
If you’re interested to learn more about this program and its cost, please contact me.
Alternatively, instead of webinars, I can deliver as a facilitator-led workshop on your team site.