Hello, I’m Helen and I’m a continual and lifelong learner with over 25 years experience in corporate Learning and Development.
How Can I Help You?
I help you build your learning capability so that you stay up to date in your field, industry or profession especially when the world and our workplaces are changing around us.
I do this through helping you map out a plan of how you can take charge of your personal and professional development and offer advice regarding resources, networks and communities you can build your own “Learning Portfolio” through different methods and media.
Who Do I Work With?
I work with those motivated individuals who:
- Feel they don’t have a voice in their organisation and may have subject matter expertise, tenure, experiences and knowledge accrued over years but unsure how to promote it to their company or the world
- Want to show and share their current work and learning more openly and transparently for the purposes of professional and personal growth
- Want to change their jobs, careers and industries and explore other opportunities but don’t know where to start
- Want to build a “Learning Portfolio” a biography of all their work and life projects that they can share openly and transparently for the purposes of connecting with others and continually learning.
What’s My Unique Super Power?
My unique super power is that I see learning experiences in everything I do.
I have been openly sharing my learning openly and publicly through this blog and my YouTube channel and this has provided me with opportunities that I would never have thought possible. I want to share what I have learned to you so that you can see the value and benefits it provides to building your own networks, exposing you to people and communities who can help you and most of all, make you grow and develop.
I WANT to see people achieve their personal and professional goals through bringing their true selves to their work. That means, sharing their unique skills, knowledge, networks, experiences, stories (and their quirks) that inspire the workplace to be an environment that is not only exciting but educational and inspirational.
I’m a curious learner, a passionate explorer, a builder of networks and a connector of dots. Everything I do is focused on personal learning and sharing my passion to the work to make them better places for our hearts, minds and spirits.
What Are Some Of the Skills I Have to Offer You?
- How to Be a Continual and Lifelong Learner
- Building your Personal Networks of Learning
- Using your Enterprise Social Networking for Learning Experiences
- Narrating Your Work Publicly and Transparently
- Building, Engaging and Managing Your Community
- Adoption and Change in Your Work
- Creating and Curating Content To Prevent Information Overload
- Building a Learning Portfolio or Your “Learning Biography” through Your Professional Life
- How to Use Social Media to Build Personal Learning Networks
- How to Create Videos to Show and Share Your Work and Learning
- How to Create Your Own Learning Resources to Share To Your Networks and Communities
Co-Author of the book Microsoft Teams: A Manager’s Guide to Communication, Collaboration and Co-ordination
In 2019, I was in a team that wrote a book on Microsoft Teams: A Manager’s Guide to Communication, Collaboration and Co-ordination. You can buy a copy here.
Winner of the Jay Cross Social Learning Award
I was also the inaugural recipient of the Internet Time Alliance Jay Cross Memorial Award in 2016 in recognition for my work advocating a more humanistic approach to workplace learning.
Roving Reporter for LearningNowTV
I was a roving reporter for LearningNow TV, an internet TV channel for learning professionals where I provided news stories and interviews from Australia on learning practices. You can see the reports here.
Microsoft Ignite 2019 Community Reporter
In 2019, I was selected to be one of ten global community reporters to cover the largest technology conference in the world, Microsoft Ignite at Orlando, Florida on 4 to 8 November 2019. You can see all the videos I created and shared about what I was learning at this event here.
What are My Skills?
- Enterprise Social Networking Platforms: SharePoint, Yammer, SocialCast
- Community Management: Yammer, Teams, WordPress, Facebook Community
- Microsoft Applications: MS Teams, Yammer, Planner, Stream, O365, SharePoint, Forms, Sway, MS Power Automate, and many others.
- Open Source: WordPress, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Slack, Trello and many others
- MS Office Suite & Apple Mac equivalent (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Visio)
- Video: Camtasia, iMovie, MovieMaker, YouTube Video Manager, Live Streaming Video (Periscope, Facebook Live, SnapChat, and many others)
- Virtual Classrooms (Teams, WebEx, GoTo Meeting, Skype, Google Hangouts, Adobe Connect, AppearIn, Zoom and many others)
- ELearning Development Adobe Captivate and Camtasia
- Learning Management Systems Oracle, SAP, Sum Total, Moodle
- Variety of Learning Technology Open Source, cloud-based based tools, apps and software