Hello, I’m Helen and I’m what is known as a modern learning practitioner who has over 24 years experience in the corporate world.
So what’s a modern learning practitioner?
I help you build your digital skills, capabilities and networks so that you stay up to date in your field, industry or profession especially when the world and our workplaces are changing around us.
I do this through helping you use social tools, networks and platforms to show and share your work, build your networks and stay relevant in your field.
In effect, I help you learn fast to stay smart so that you can future proof your career.
Who Do I Work With?
I work with both corporate learning and development teams to help them identify social and collaborative learning strategies they can incorporate into existing or new training programs.
I work with business managers who are looking for ways to enable their teams to share knowledge, skills, stories and experience through collaborative workplace learning experiences at their place of work without the need for costly courses or removing people from their work.
Most of all, I work with those individuals who feel they don’t have a voice in their organisation. These individuals who may have technical and subject matter expertise, whose tenure, experiences and knowledge accrued over years of experience in their field can be used, shared, promoted and acknowledged by their company. I help you build your own online personal brand, credibility and reputation by showing you how you can use many social tools and networks to promote your knowledge and experience to those who need it.
What’s My Unique Super Power?
My unique super power is that I practice what I preach when it comes to social media for networked learning. (That’s pretty special nowadays as we are in a noisy online world where so called experts can easily pull the wool over your eyes).
I’m an avid user of the tools I share and I role model the practices that I espouse to my clients.
When you ask a question about social and/or personalised learning, you can be assured that you’ll get an answer that is derived from knowledge, application and networks from a diverse and wide array of various fields based on my own various experiments and connections with people. Why? It’s because I’m intensely collaborative and wear my heart on my sleeve.
I WANT to see people achieve their personal and professional goals through bringing their true selves to their work. That means, sharing their unique skills, knowledge, networks, experiences, stories (and their quirks) that inspire the workplace to be an environment that is not only exciting but educational and inspirational.
I’m a curious learner, a passionate explorer, a builder of networks and a connector of dots.
Everything I do is focussed around personal learning and sharing my passion to the work to make them better places for our hearts, minds and spirits.
What Are Some Of the Skills I Have to Offer You?
- Using Social Media for Sharing Your Voice & Story
- Using Social Media for Personalised Learning
- Building Communities of Learning to Show and Share Your Expertise
- Using Blogs and Vlogs to Show and Share Your Work
- Building Online Learning Portfolios
- Building Guided Social Learning Programs Around Your Learning Content
- Analysing your Business Performance
- Building Digital Skills to Future Proof Your Career
- Building Your Online Personal Brand
- Building Personal Learning Networks
- Managing Information Overload with Curation
- Sensemaking with Various Social Tools
- Building Community Around Your Craft, Skill or Expertise
- Social Media Coaching
- Enterprise Social Networks
Where Can You Find Me?
As well as across the multiple social networks, I present at various conferences around Australia on how people can use the power of social networks to share and show their work, build their professional expertise and achieve their personal and professional development goals.
Member of Change Agents Worldwide
Helen is a member of Change Agents Worldwide, a transparent co-operative of passionate and progressive solo and enterprise change agents who specialise in future of work technologies and practices.
Winner of the Jay Cross Social Learning Award
She was also the inaugural recipient of the Internet Time Alliance Jay Cross Memorial Award in 2016 in recognition for her work advocating a more humanistic approach to workplace learning and performance.
Roving Reporter for LearningNowTV
Helen is a roving reporter for LearningNow TV, an internet TV channel for learning professionals where she provides news stories and interviews from Australia on modern workplace learning practices.
Microsoft Ignite 2019 Community Reporter
In 2019, Helen was selected to be one of ten global community reporters to cover the largest technology conference in the world, Microsoft Ignite at Orlando, Florida on 4 to 8 November 2019.
Third Place Founder
Helen also founded Third Place www.meetup.com/Third-Place a social community of over 400 Learning Professionals across Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Adelaide and Brisbane to meet, share and learn from each other.
Skills and Competencies
- Enterprise Social Networking Platforms: SharePoint, Yammer, SocialCast
- Community Management: Yammer, Teams, WordPress, Facebook Community
- Microsoft Applications: MS Teams, Yammer, Planner, Stream, O365, SharePoint, Forms, Sway and many others.
- Open Source: WordPress, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, Slack, Trello and many others
- MS Office Suite & Apple Mac equivalent (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Visio)
- Video: Camtasia, iMovie, MovieMaker, YouTube Video Manager, Live Streaming Video (Periscope, Facebook Live, SnapChat, and many others)
- Virtual Classrooms (WebEx, GoTo Meeting, Skype, Google Hangouts, Adobe Connect, AppearIn, Zoom and many others)
- ELearning Development Adobe Captivate and Camtasia
- Learning Management Systems Oracle, SAP, Sum Total, Moodle
- Variety of Learning Technology Open Source, cloud-based based tools, apps and software