Thanks to the deletion of social media on my phone, the removal of notifications and a bit of insomnia thrown in, my mojo for writing, creativity and learning has come back! Yay!
It’s been a MAD writing month with some creativity thrown in where I am now on a fictional travel adventure around France in the hope of learning more about the country, its tradition and culture.
It’s really been a wonderful way to escape the mundane routine daily life and already 4 people (some strangers who I hadn’t connected with previously) have sent me personal messages of how I’ve inspired them to do the same.
That made me incredibly thankful because I feel that at times, I may be seen as naive, frivolous, childish and incredibly selfish when I go down my ‘learning experiences’. That is, you’re not taken ‘professionally’ when you write and do the stuff I do but I cannot do otherwise. I NEED to have some creativity in my life. I suffocate without it.
Here are the blog posts I wrote for the month of February 2021 in case you missed them.
- Stop 3: Do You Know the Way to Vezelay? (Creative Fictional Blog Series)
- Qu’est-ce que j’ai fait cette semaine? (written in French – to be corrected thank you to Levin Le Vaillant @levaillantkevi2)
- Stop 2: Guèdelon Castle Virtual Tour (Creative Fictional Blog Series)
- Day 1: Virtual Tour of Les Hospices des Beune (Creative Fictional Blog Series)
- Learning Languages Ruined my Life (not really, it made it FAR better!)
- Baking (on how I’m exploring different recipes to try out in the kitchen in an effort to blast my boredom with cooking and baking).
- Qu’ai je fait durant la semaine? (this blog post is in French)
- Do You Share Testimonials (on the value of sharing positive testimonials)
- Qu’ai je fait durant le weekend (this blog post is in French)
- How to Use RSS Feeds (on how to control the digital overwhelm by using RSS Readers)
- I Am Not a Cat (on importance of human communication)
- Time Waster Twitter (on how I’m reducing my use of Twitter)
- Speakly – A New Language Learning App (how I’m exploring a new language learning app)
- 15 Years Married and Goulash (how I’m learning how to make goulash and dumplings)
- When Do you Give Up Reading a Book? (how I cannot finish a book I cannot read)
- On Virtual Facilitation (how I’m creating a resource at work on curation of virtual facilitation)
Working Out Loud to Create Learning Paths for Virtual Facilitation
Book Review of After Midnight by Irmgard Keun
Book Review of The Driver’s Seat by Muriel Sparks
Vlog – Trip to Port Melbourne
Vlog on RSS Feeds for Learning
Book Review on There Was Still Love by Favel Parrett
Vlog trip into Melbourne city (I’ve only ever been twice this year!!)
Book Review of Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
How to Make Language Learning Creative, Fun and Social