So what’s a collection of podcasts called? A Panel, a pack, a pile…?
Last week, I needed some more podcasts to listen to and sent out a request to learn what people were listening to. I wanted something different to learning and development (got this one down pat) or true crime (not my taste).
So I sent out a tweet and got an OVERWHELMING RESPONSE that I decided to list them all down here for you to peruse…
A big thank you to everyone who responded to my tweet and who sent me their podcast libraries…!
I’m overwhelmed at the number of wonderful responses to suggestions for podcasts. This may be of interest to you too if you’re looking for something to listen to over this long weekend (for Melbourne anyway). 🙏😊 https://t.co/O98FF9X4Ko
— Helen Blunden (@ActivateLearn) June 5, 2019
Podcasts Worth Listening To Because My Network Is…
- Forget What You Know by Jacob Barnett (Ted Talk)
- ABC Convos
- Chat10 Looks 3 (agree that this is great as it’s Annabel Crabb and Leigh Sales – if you’re an Aussie, you’d know who these two wonderful ladies are)
- Lancashire Hot Pot (History with a Lancashire accent…what’s not to like?!)
- My Dad Wrote a Porno – this is HILARIOUS AND A MUST LISTEN. It had me laughing out loud on my walks. If people write crap like that this then I should be writing pornos too. How hard would it be really?!
- Drunk Women Solve Crime – this title alone would make me listen to this. I could so be in a podcast like this…my solving of crimes would be akin to the likes of Sherlock Holmes if I have a nice glass of Cab Sav in my hand #justsaying.
- The Drop Out series of a rags to riches story
- The Amelia Project
- This American Life
- Forgotten History of Autism (Ted talk)
- Ideas from CBC Radio
- Joe Rogan (these are extraordinarily long podcasts for my liking)
- Days of Change by Holger Nauheimer (I’ll be delving into this website a lot more – various blog posts that I need to explore around leadership, collaboration and change)
- Fitzroy Diaries (great for Melbournites…)
- BBC 30 Animals (this looks interesting to listen to because it’s totally different to what I’d usually listen to – amazing things that humans can learn from animals)
- Behind the Bastards – ooh yes, this is another one that I’d be definitely listening to.
- Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell – this is EXCELLENT
- Sip Suvive Repeat – Mother and daughter sip wine and chat about outrageous survival stories. Okay, intriguing.
- The Flop House – bad movie reviews
- Out to Lunch with Jay Rayner – chit chat with some cooking
- David Tennant Does a Podcast With…. (what’s not to like, David Tennant. Need I say more?)
- Science with Dr Karl – this is EXCELLENT
- Skeptoid by Brian Dunning (takes on popular myths with science and facts – must listen to this – all podcasts seem to be of interest to me…!)
- The Allusionist – all about language – again, this is another one that I was exploring because it’s totally different to what I’d usually listen to and it looks to be quite popular
- Dan Pontefract on Love Based Leadership
- Masters in Business Bloomberg – not the usual hustlers or grinders or entrepreneurs crap
- On Being – about story telling – this is another MUST LISTEN
- Exploring Wild Ideas Worth Living
- Hilarious World of Depression
- Kermode and Mayo’s Review of the Rocketman (excellent movie)
- Fortunately Podcast – BBC Radio 4 broadcasters sharing stories
- WTF Podcast with Marc Maron – this is intriguing. I have no idea who this guy is but he interviews big names – going to listen to this one.
- Buildings on Air – on architecture
- Andrew Denton – well, anything with this guy is bound to be excellent
- Darknet Diaries – cyberstories…
- Thrilling Adventure Hours – old radio plays (must listen to this!)
- War on Cars