Future Proofing Your Career Through Network Building
Audience: Individuals from any business, or profession who want to build their authority, influence and reputation through social networks so that they can ‘future proof’ their career.
- Do you have a subject matter expertise or knowledge that you’d like to share but don’t know how to?
- Do you have little or no network of people within or external to your own industry and profession?
- Are you looking to build new connections for new ideas and insights to apply to your work?
- Are you unsure what development, training or coaching you need in your career transition program as you face a redundancy, outsourcing or restructure?
- Are you unsure how to build an online profile and reputation around your specialist knowledge and niche?
- Are you frustrated that your organisation doesn’t value your knowledge, skills and expertise?
The Network Builder Coaching Program is aimed to build your online networks and designed for people who are:
- Commencing careers with medium to large corporate organisations (eg. Induction or Graduate Programs)
- Undergoing, or in the process of, career transitioning or outplacement services
- Interested in building a global network to support and build upon and share their professional expertise
Together we will work through a customised plan to set up a strategy for you to build your own network – a network of trusted collaborators from diverse fields and networks whom you can learn from and share ideas with – and who you can take with you in any job, career or project you’re working on.
The program is designed to help you find a new pathway to extend your career as well as build your own personal brand, authority and influence online – ready for your next career move.
Why Do You Need to Build a Network?
Let’s face it. Work is changing. No longer is it guaranteed that you’ll have a job for life anymore. Today’s knowledge worker true value is not from the knowledge she hoards but how quickly she can access knowledge from a global and collective network in order to solve organisational problems. Building a network of people whom you know, like and trust will be the way you can future proof your career because you will be able to:
- Keep current with new ideas, insights, trends and changes in your profession or field
- Be continuously learning for your professional development
- Leverage your knowledge and skills to a wider audience
- Differentiate yourself from your peers because of your capacity to connect people, ideas and resources
- Tap into the collective brainpower and energy of global networks
- Forge meaningful connections through shared activities
- Be more innovative and creative through access to diverse people
- Be more valuable to your employer
Building a network of trusted collaborators will give you an edge in the world of work.
I offer a free 15-minute consult if you require more information about the program so that you can decide if the program is right for you.
How does the Coaching Program work?
The Network Builder Coaching Program is an intensive individual coaching program aimed to create your own action plans around your identified need to build new networks into your chosen area, industry or profession.
Throughout the program, you will have one-on-one coaching face-to-face or virtually and access to my curated resources, references and networks to assist you to achieve your goals. You will also be responsible for undertaking various activities as part of your personal action plans before and after each coaching session. The program is designed to have you on your way to achieve your goals within three months.
There will be 6 positions for the program open every month.
Note: For Melbourne-based audiences and within 15 kms of the city, coaching sessions can be done in person (we will meet at cafes or in co-working spaces in Melbourne) or virtually.
What you will receive:
- Intensive individual hands on coaching designed around your specific needs
- 3 x 1.5 hour Personalised Coaching Sessions (conducted in person or virtually) with an additional 2 hours of sessions for Progress Updates and follow up coaching three-month post-program to monitor progress and achievement of goals.
- Coaching Program Workbook
- Access to curated references and resources for the period of one year to support your learning journey
- Introductions to my own personal network as well as shared active learning experiences and meet ups.
What Others Have Said:
Helen worked with me to extend my understanding about tools for social learning and to help me build my network. She shared her rich knowledge of social media, highlighting the learning opportunities created by sharing through using those new found skills. Her keen diagnosis of the issues at hand, her systematic program planning designed for success and collaborative approach to learning, ensure that desired goals are achieved. Helen’s an organized communicator, supportive mentor and skilled capacity builder-the consummate professional. I warmly recommend Helen to all organisations ready to explore the benefits of tools for social learning. (Marilyn Snider: Founder of Be Think Global)I asked Helen to look at my LinkedIn profile and help me create an online, marketable product which is more conducive to today’s workforce. She gave me practical and specific advice on what types of information to put on my profile, she showed me short cuts and applications on the website that I would never have thought to do myself and helped me realise that the many school based extracurricular projects that I was involved in were providing me with specialised skills that may be of use to different businesses. Together we created a much more polished and professional online resume that highlights the attributes that I did not even realise were marketable. I am appreciative of the time Helen has put into helping me with my online image and look forward to working with her in the future. (Maria Kelly: Adolescent Health and Wellbeing)
Want to learn more?
If you’re interested in learning more, fill out the following Initial Consult Survey first so that I can get some background information first so that I understand where you currently are and where you want to go.
I’m excited to be on this journey with you and delighted to be a part of your network!