Welcome to Activate Learning Solutions – the home for work teams and individuals who want to build capabilities for a digital world through continual learning, building networks and creating communities of people whom they can work, connect and learn with.
Do You Want to Stay Ahead?
If you’ve ever felt that you were in a rut because your employer or organisation didn’t know your value, or you weren’t able to use your passions, skills, and interests in your current role, I’m here to help you.
Activate Learning Solutions is about inspiring you to take action with different ideas ways that you can apply your skills and expertise in your own work and reignite interest and engagement.
How I Navigate Constant Change Through Continual Learning
My name is Helen Blunden and I’ve worked in various private and public sector roles in my 20+ year working life as well as volunteered in community services outside of work. As a qualified learning practitioner, I helped businesses build their employee capability to achieve their business outcomes but over the years, I noticed one thing was missing…
Business was not harnessing the power of the unique talents, skills, experiences and attributes of their own people to solve their own problems! The human element to business was missing!
Instead, they were placing their people into cubicles to work like robots, forcing them into classrooms to be lectured at or pushing them to complete boring online training that bore no relevance, application or meaning to their actual work.
Add to that the constant amount of technological change that impacted the workforce, I saw that we were expected to do more with less, build competitive advantage in shrinking markets as well as stay current in a world that was constantly changing! No wonder people were disengaged at work.
It was then I started to consider how people could use their own talents, skills and networks in their own jobs as well as harness the myriad of social media tools that are out there to tap into the global brainpower of expertise across networks.
The idea is to bring those two together so that people could apply these new ideas to their work as learning opportunities. The ultimate result was to activate the desire for continual learning to achieve goals, build networks and solve problems.
And so Activate Learning Solutions was born!
Who is This Blog For?
This blog is for:
- Teams in medium to large size organisations looking for ways for their teams to tap into global networks within and external to their field for new ideas and inspiration to apply to their work and open to learning and using various social media and social networking platforms.
- Individuals who want a ‘personal social media coach’ to help them build a professional brand and reputation on the right social network to help them achieve their goals.
- Learning and Development teams inside large size organisations who would like to build their employee capability in new digital workplace learning skills.
About This Blog
This blog has over 300 blog posts on topics related to:
- Personal Sense-Making through Blogging and Vlogging
- Social and Collaborative Peer-to-peer Workplace Learning
- Personalised Learning
- Enterprise Social Networking
- Modern Workplace Learning Practices
- Working Out Loud (Work Narration)
- Network and Community Building
- Use of Social Media, Networks, Tools and Apps
- Content Curation & Creation
- Video Creation and Live Streaming
You’ll also find a section for various resources. There are Free resources as well as Do-It-Yourself Resources you can buy and use with your team. There’s also a series of vlogs and videos on my YouTube channel and an Activate My Learning monthly newsletter that you can subscribe to which is free.
We also have our own informal and social community of people interested in co-working and learning called ‘Third Place” where we hold regular meetups in six cities around Australia.
I Need Help To:
The following are links to content that will suit your need:
For Learning and Development Teams:
- Analyse current business problem or learning strategy to incorporate collaboration and community
- Create engagement or a community in our enterprise or open social network
- Design a Guided Social Learning Program Using Our Social Enterprise System (ESN) eg Yammer
For Business & Individuals:
- Have your own personal social media and digital learning coach
- Coach your teams on how to use social and collaboration platforms, tools and apps for sharing knowledge and expertise, connect with others and build internal and external networks
- Build a Personal Portable Network to help you in your career
- Resources to build networks, create a community and narrate your work
Interested to learn more? Let’s chat!