Welcome to Activate Learning Solutions. We help you, and your organisation build digital skills and capabilities so that you can future proof your career to keep up with a changing workplace.
We do this by helping you learn how to learn, build new networks, use social and digital tools to create a personal brand and reputation around your knowledge and expertise.
Let’s Face It. You Want to Stay Ahead of The Curve In Your Field
If you’ve ever felt that you were in a rut because your employer or organisation didn’t know your value, or you weren’t able to use your passions, skills, and interests in your current role, I’m here to help you.
As a qualified learning practitioner in corporate organisations over the years, I noticed something.
Organisations didn’t harness the knowledge or power of the unique talents, skills and experiences of their own people to solve their own complex business problems!
Instead, they placed their people into cubicles to work like robots, forced them into classrooms to be lectured at or pushed them to complete boring online training that bore no relevance, application or meaning to their actual work day to day.
With the constant amount of technological change that impacted the workforce, organisations were also expected to do more with less, build competitive advantage in shrinking markets as well as stay current in a world that was constantly changing! No wonder people were disengaged at work.
That’s when I started to consider how people could use their own knowledge, talents, skills, experiences and networks in their own workplace and learn from each other and with each other to take charge of their own professional and personal development – and not wait for their roles to be made redundant, outsourced or automated.
Success is determined by how open you are to continual and life long learning.
Activate Learning Solutions inspires you to take action with your own personal and professional development so that you stay ahead of the curve in your industry, field or profession, relevant in your career and ready to face the future workplace.
Who is This Blog For?
This blog is for:
- Individuals who want a personal coach to help them learn how to learn; build new digital and social skills to navigate online, show and share their knowledge and expertise to build a brand so that they can stay ahead in their field.
- Business teams in corporates looking for ways for their teams to use digital and social tools and platforms to tap into global networks
- Learning and Development teams in corporates who would like to build their employee capability in personalised and life long learning.
About This Blog
This blog has over 300 blog posts on topics related to:
- Personal Sense-Making through Blogging and Vlogging
- Social and Collaborative Peer-to-peer Workplace Learning
- Personalised Learning
- Enterprise Social Networking
- Modern Workplace Learning Practices
- Working Out Loud (Work Narration)
- Network and Community Building
- Use of Social Media, Networks, Tools and Apps
- Content Curation & Creation
- Video Creation and Live Streaming
You’ll also find a section for various resources. There are Free resources as well as Do-It-Yourself Resources you can buy and use with your team. There’s also a series of vlogs and videos on my YouTube channel and an Activate My Learning monthly newsletter that you can subscribe to which is free.
We also have our own informal and social community of people interested in co-working and learning called ‘Third Place” where we hold regular meetups in six cities around Australia.
I Need Help To:
The following are links to content that will suit your need:
- Have your own personal social media and digital learning coach
- Build a Personal Portable Network to help you in your career
- Resources to build networks, create a community and narrate your work
For Business and Learning and Development Teams:
- Create engagement or a community in our enterprise or open social network
- Undertake a readiness audit for the state of workplace learning across my organisation
- Coach your teams on how to use social and collaboration platforms, tools and apps for sharing knowledge and expertise, connect with others and build internal and external networks
Interested to learn more? Let’s chat!