There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations. We keep on turning and making new combinations indefinitely; but they are the same old pieces of colored glass that have been in use through all the ages.
– Mark Twain
So it is with my last blog post of 2014 where I have taken the idea by Jane Hart who wrote My 20 Most Popular Blog Posts in 2014 and Sahana Chattopadhyah My 15 Most Popular Posts in 2014 created my own list of the most tweeted blog posts in 2014.
(Technically this is NOT my last blog post. Expect a blog post on Christmas Day but it will be NOT written by me – it would be my Secret Santa gift by some anonymous elf – which is the only time I share the use my blog with others – you know, Christmas spirit and all that)….
Before I collated the list, I created a word cloud using Jason Davies Word Cloud Generator of all my blog posts (since I started the blog) because I was curious to see what words come up. Here’s some reflections:
It’s obvious that:
- Business; Social; Work; Learning; Knowledge are important topics for me
- November seems to be my best writing month
- There’s no mention of “Courses”
- I must be telling people what to do and what not to do – I use “don’t” a lot…
- I should stop saying, “actually…”
- I write a lot about me with “I’m” (oops)
- You can’t escape MOOCs whether you like them or not
- It’s good to see Santa and the Client making an appearance otherwise this wordle looks like it’s all about me…*sigh*
- So here are my top posts for 2014…Enjoy!
- How to Build Your Peer Learning Network When You Don’t Have the Time (8 Jan 2014)
- How Do We Enforce Independence in Workplace Learning (27 Jan 2014)
- How Do You Explain Yammer? (2 Feb 2014)
- From Contractor to Consultant 23 March 2014)
- Are You Looking for Experts? They’re in Third Place (18 April 2014)
- Where are the Cubicles? Our first Third Place Event (23 April 2014)
- Does Working Out Loud Help Graduates? (1 July 2014)
- Have You Completed Your Online Compliance Training? (1 August 2014)
- Part 1: Social Onboarding: A Case Study (4 Sep 2014)
- Where are all the Third Places in the Burbs? (16 Sep 2014)
- 5 Lessons for the New Freelancer (24 Aug 2014)
- 5 More Lessons for the New Freelancer (24 Sep 2014)
- 4 Ways to Learn Your Clients Business: The Value of Networks (22 Oct 2014)
- How to Use Social Tools to Create Learning Experiences (17 Nov 2014)
- A Way To Work, Connect and Learn in Your Job (25 Nov 2014)
- Work, Connect and Learn Program: The Strategy Phase (25 Nov 2014)
- End of Year Review (5 Dec 2014)
By Paul L (Flickr) [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons from Wikimedia Commons